Intra District Transfers: 2023 - 2024
Intra District Transfers (IDT)
An intra district transfer is when parents/guardians wish to enroll their student at a school other than the designated school that is in their attendance area within the district. To request an intra district transfer, you must reside within the attendance boundaries for the schools of the William S. Hart Union High School District. If you reside outside of the Santa Clarita Valley, please click on the button to the right for more information on how to request a transfer.
Before requesting a transfer for the upcoming school year, please carefully review the information on this page.
- The window to request an intradistrict transfer for the upcoming 2023-2024 school year will open on February 15, 2023. This webpage will be updated with the link to request a transfer on this date.
- Intradistrict transfer requests will not be processed between June 15, 2023 through July 6, 2023 to allow staff with time off for summer break. During this period, you will be able to request a transfer but staff will not process your request until July 7, 2023.
- The last day to request a transfer for the 2023-2024 school year will be Friday, August 4, 2023.
Documented harassment or victimization at your child's neighborhood school. Documentation must be within Infinite Campus, our District's Student Information System.
- Sibling Rule
- Sibling is currently attending and will remain enrolled at the requested school.
- Siblings will attend high school together at some point in the future. Please note that the older sibling establishes the grounds for transferring under the sibling rule. Therefore, the younger sibling can only follow the older sibling.
If the younger sibling does not attend high school together with the older sibling at any point in the future, the sibling rule does not apply. For example, if the younger student is a 7th grader and the older student is an 11th grader, since both siblings will not attend high school together, the sibling rule is not applicable.
Parent is a permanent William S. Hart Union High School District Employee
Active Military Families (Documentation will be required.)
Student is a Foster Youth (Court documentation will be required.)
If the reason for your transfer request is not listed above, your transfer request will not be processed. If you have additional factors that you would like to have considered, please contact the principal at your child's home school to further discuss your reason(s) for seeking a school transfer.
The principal's decision is final and cannot be appealed. Students in the William S. Hart Union High School District are expected to attend their school of residence based on our attendance boundaries. The pre-established criteria for transfers between school are outlined above. Transfer requests beyond these criteria are at the sole discretion of the principal.
- Special Day Class - Functional Academics
- Special Day Class - Students with Emotional and Behavioral Needs
- Special Day Class - Living Skills
- Special Day Class - Autism High Functioning