Please join us for our 1st PAC Meeting of the year on Tues, September 16th at 12 noon in Tanner Hall.
Hart Marching Band Family Dinner and a Movie Night
- Hart High Auditorium - Sat. Sept. 27th
- Showing....The Lego Movie - 4:30 p.m. & Tangled - 7:00 p.m.
- tickets - $0.50 cents each
- Bar-B-Que dinner from 3:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- All food and drinks $1.00 or less
Picture Make-Up Day
Tuesday, September 30th. Make-ups are for students who did not get their picture taken during registration or would like to take a new picture.
¡Celebremos el Mes de la Herencia Hispana (15 de septiembre - 15 de octubre)!
Durante el mes de la herencia hispana, reconocemos la contribución y la importante presencia de los hispanos y latinos en los Estados Unidos de América y celebramos su herencia y su cultura.
Let's Celebrate the National Hispanic Heritage Month (September 15th to October 15th)!
During National Hispanic Heritage Month we recognize the contributions made and the important presence of Hispanic and Latino Americans to the United States and celebrate their heritage and culture.
Take a Free SAT, ACT, or PSAT Practice Test
There is an opportunity for some free back to school testing for local students on Saturday, September 20th at the Valencia C2 Education Center. Students can take a mock SAT - ACT - PSAT practice test. Results normally come back in 2-3 days.
- When: Saturday, September 20th
- Where: C2 VALENCIA - 24313 Magic Mountain Pkwy, Valencia, CA 91355
- Time: 10am (9:45 check in)
- How to register: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost: FREE!
- Info Flier
College 2 Career Day
Saturday, September 27th 9:00 am - 1:00 pm @ COC. More info...
School Site Council
Parents, would you like to vote for the School Site Council Parent Representatives? Four parents have submitted their names to be on the SSC. Please take a moment to vote on this attached ballot, and either (1) send in the signed hard copy with your student to the Principal's office, or (2) resubmit it as an email attachment to the Principal, Jan Hayes-Rennels: email@example.com
Parents and Guardians,
By now, I am sure you have heard the words "Common Core" and how our State curriculum has transitioned to include new Common Core State Standards. This Spring of 2015 marks the first official year when all schools will administer new, more advanced, computerized, online assessments (also called the SBAC). If this is new to you, and you would like to learn more, here is a website with some information for parents, y otra en Español, to help introduce you to the Common Core Standards and ways you can help support your students' education outside the classroom.
Advice and Help with Social Media
Parents, would you like some help, advice, and direction in how to keep your kids safe online? Take a few minutes to look through this outstanding website which offers an abundance of resources and direct advice for kids, parents, and families about social media safety, and growing up online: www.commonsensemedia.org
Hart District's "What's Good in Education"
School Vision and Mission
With “Pride in Excellence” as our motto, Placerita Junior High School’s staff, students, parents, and community will cooperate to serve the student, recognizing the unique characteristics of early adolescents. In a safe, caring, and healthy environment, we will prepare students with academic, intellectual, social, emotional, and physical skills to help them become positive, productive, capable citizens.
It is the vision of faculty, staff, and parents that the school mission statement will be achieved by establishing:
- A safe, orderly, and caring school environment that respects diversity and emphasizes tolerance of others.
- An environment that recognizes the value and potential of each student.
- An atmosphere that promotes teamwork among members of the school community.
- An academically challenging learning environment for all students.
- An environment that encourages students to mature socially and emotionally.
- An on-going process of review and evaluation.