FALL BREAK - School not in session
Monday, October 6 and Tuesday, October 7
There is an opportunity available for 8th grade students to participate in a speech contest. Two students from our school will compete in the final round against other junior high students for cash prizes.
- Topic: "How am I Inspired?"
- Speech length: 3 minutes
- First round at Placerita on November 3rd
- Final round at Rancho Pico on November 13th
- Please contact us for more information:
Picture Make-Up Day
Tuesday, September 30th. Make-ups are for students who did not get their picture taken during registration or would like to take a new picture.
Parents and Guardians,
By now, I am sure you have heard the words "Common Core" and how our State curriculum has transitioned to include new Common Core State Standards. This Spring of 2015 marks the first official year when all schools will administer new, more advanced, computerized, online assessments (also called the SBAC). If this is new to you, and you would like to learn more, here is a website with some information for parents, y otra en Español, to help introduce you to the Common Core Standards and ways you can help support your students' education outside the classroom.
Advice and Help with Social Media
Parents, would you like some help, advice, and direction in how to keep your kids safe online? Take a few minutes to look through this outstanding website which offers an abundance of resources and direct advice for kids, parents, and families about social media safety, and growing up online: www.commonsensemedia.org
Hart District's "What's Good in Education"
School Vision and Mission
With “Pride in Excellence” as our motto, Placerita Junior High School’s staff, students, parents, and community will cooperate to serve the student, recognizing the unique characteristics of early adolescents. In a safe, caring, and healthy environment, we will prepare students with academic, intellectual, social, emotional, and physical skills to help them become positive, productive, capable citizens.
It is the vision of faculty, staff, and parents that the school mission statement will be achieved by establishing:
- A safe, orderly, and caring school environment that respects diversity and emphasizes tolerance of others.
- An environment that recognizes the value and potential of each student.
- An atmosphere that promotes teamwork among members of the school community.
- An academically challenging learning environment for all students.
- An environment that encourages students to mature socially and emotionally.
- An on-going process of review and evaluation.