Summer Registration Packets
All registration packets for next school year will be mailed in the end of July.
- Registration for 8th graders: Thursday, August 7
- Registration for 7th graders: Friday, August 8
Monday, 6/16/14 - Friday, 6/27/14
Tuesday, 7/1/14 - Friday 8/1/14
Parents of Incoming 7th Graders
Is your 6th grade student coming to Placerita next year?
Here is the Elementary School Edition of our Parent Newsletter written especially for you.
Parents and Guardians,
Over the next year and a half, you will hear more about the "Common Core" and how our State curriculum will begin a transition to include new Common Core State Standards. Eventually, the STAR test will be replaced in the Spring of 2015 by new, more advanced assessments. If you would like to learn more, here is a page with some info for parents, en Español, to help introduce you to the Common Core Standards and ways you can help support your students' education outside the classroom.
Common Core State Standards - Myths and Facts
The link below will take you to a resource provided by ASCD that covers some of the questions and concerns about Common Core. So that you can be armed with correct information, please take a moment to read through the PDF.
More information can also be found on the Hart District website's Common Core page.
Hart District's "What's Good in Education"
School Vision and Mission
With “Pride in Excellence” as our motto, Placerita Junior High School’s staff, students, parents, and community will cooperate to serve the student, recognizing the unique characteristics of early adolescents. In a safe, caring, and healthy environment, we will prepare students with academic, intellectual, social, emotional, and physical skills to help them become positive, productive, capable citizens.
It is the vision of faculty, staff, and parents that the school mission statement will be achieved by establishing:
- A safe, orderly, and caring school environment that respects diversity and emphasizes tolerance of others.
- An environment that recognizes the value and potential of each student.
- An atmosphere that promotes teamwork among members of the school community.
- An academically challenging learning environment for all students.
- An environment that encourages students to mature socially and emotionally.
- An on-going process of review and evaluation.