2023 Summer Opportunity Session
The William S. Hart Union High School District will be partnering with Opportunities for Learning (OFL) to offer summer school through our District. This is a different program than the one offered through the OFL program sites as they will have their own teachers and the courses may vary. The Hart District program is taught by our Hart District teachers. If you are unsure about which classes to take, please reach out to your school site's academic counselor for direction.
Special Programs June 20 - July 31
(Achieve Newcomer Summer Program @ Hart HS & Summer IMPACT - 7th graders)
Traditional Summer School July 3 - July 31
Extended School Year July 3 - July 31
School holidays June 19 & July 4 - No School
8:30 AM - 1:45 PM
Summer sessions will be offered In-Person and students will need to attend in person for learning this summer.*
*Health for Living and some CCR classes will be offered online.
If you are unsure about which classes to take, please reach out to your school site's academic counselor for direction.
2023 Summer Opportunity Session Catalog
Summer Opportunity Session Locations
- Canyon High School (website coming soon)
- Hart High School (website coming soon)
- Saugus High School (website coming soon)
Current 8th graders going into 9th Grade will attend the High School location
- Placerita Junior High School (website coming soon)
- La Mesa Junior High School (website coming soon)
- Sierra Vista Junior High School (website coming soon)
Incoming 7th Graders
If you are interested in taking a Math class, students will be invited based on math placement scores and are by invite only. The district will send out invitations toward the end of May/Beginning of June.
STEP 1: Summer Session Interest Form
IMPORTANT: Please see your Counselor prior to filling out the interest form. They may have information regarding credits to help students choose the best classes or programs for the summer.
Current 7th Graders: https://bit.ly/2023SOSInterestFormJHS
Current High School & 8th graders: https://bit.ly/2023SOSInterestFormHS
STEP 2: OFL Registration (Must be completed to attend Summer Sessions)
After submitting the Interest Form, you will receive an ONLINE REGISTRATION form from Opportunities for Learning (OFL).
You MUST complete OFL REGISTRATION to complete enrollment into all Summer Sessions.
Once you have completed both steps 1 and 2, your student will be scheduled in Infinite Campus in June. Parents will be able to view their student’s schedule in Infinite Campus at that time. Your student’s teacher will reach out to you prior for class participation instructions.
Extended School Year
If your student is planning to attend the Extended School Year program at Valencia High School, your IEP team has most-likely already discussed Extended School Year (ESY). You should be hearing from the Administrative Intern team to verify whether or not your student is planning to attend, and will receive other information directly from them. You do not need to complete any of these online documents.
- Valencia High School (website coming soon)
- Administrative Intern Posting (Applications due March 3 by 4:00 PM) NOW CLOSED
- Certificated Teacher Posting: Teacher Application Form (Please complete the form below by: Friday, March 31, 2023 for priority hiring.)
Applications will continue to be accepted until April 28, 2023.
- Certificated Counselor Posting: Counselor Application Form (Please complete the form below by: Friday, March 31, 2023 for priority hiring.)
- Current Hart District Classified Staff Summer 2023 Form (This application is intended for current HART DISTRICT CLASSIFIED STAFF ONLY)
Attendance, Behavior, Health & Safety Disclaimer
Courses taught during the summer condense and concentrate the instructional content of courses offered during the regular school year, so attendance during the summer session is crucial. Excessive absences may be cause for students to be dropped from their Summer Opportunity Session and lose the ability to earn credit.
Overt acts of misbehavior, behavior that interferes with the education of others or threatens the safety of students or teachers on the school grounds or in the classroom, will not be tolerated and may result in suspension or dismissal from summer school. Any day of suspension will be counted as a day of absence. All school rules, including appropriate school dress, smoking, drug, alcohol and cheating, will be enforced. Failure to abide by these rules may result in the student being removed from summer school and the denial of credit.
Health & Safety
Each day before coming to school or work, evaluate your own symptoms and take steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. If you are sick with COVID-19 or think you might have COVID-19, follow the steps below to help protect other people in your home and community.
National School Breakfast / Lunch Program - Summer School
All students are provided two meals per day. Breakfast and Lunch.
- Breakfast is served at all sites from 8:00AM - 8:30AM
- Lunch is served during Brunch period
Language from the USDA FNS states the following:
Schools should send the information letter to households very early in the school year, which begins July 1. Applications should also be distributed on July 1 or soon thereafter. Distributing applications early in the school year ensures households have sufficient time to complete and return the application prior to the first day of school. Additionally, schools are encouraged to provide families with information about the School Meal Programs in routine contacts throughout the school year, and remind families that applications may be submitted at any time during the school year. Information letters may not, however, be sent to households before the end of one school year for the subsequent year, nor can the LEA accept and process applications before the federally defined school year. (Note: Year-round schools may distribute the letters in June.)
Information regarding the William S. Hart Union High School District Food & Nutrition service can be found here: https://williamhart.healtheliving.net/
- Parents and students can CALL or TEXT the OFL registration Helpline and reach the WSH/OFL Summer Clerks for registration help ONLY at 661-263-4822.
Note: This number will be operational the 2nd week of March.
- Registration help includes navigation help through Student Trac, username, and password assistance.
- The Registration helpline is used for registration navigation through Student Trac only. Any other questions regarding student courses, schedules, grades, absences, and many more should be directed to the school counselor and/or Summer admin intern. OFL clerks will only be able to let the parent know to contact their schools counselor.