William S. Hart Union High School District

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle

Work Permits

  • Winter and Spring Break permits will be issued from the William S. Hart Union High School District Office (21380 Centre Pointe Parkway, Santa Clarita, CA 91350). Vacation work permits are intended to cover the dates school is not in session and have a very short duration.

Students may obtain a work permit from William S. Hart Union High School District office on the dates below.
Winter Break
Friday, January 8, 2021
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Spring Break
Thursday, April 8, 2021
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Summer Break



Please be sure you have completed the following steps prior to applying for a work permit:
STEP 1: Secure Employment

Students need to secure a job before obtaining a work permit.

STEP 2: Download the Work Permit Application
STEP 3: Complete the Work Permit Application:
  1. Students are to complete the sections “Minor’s Information” and “School Information.”
  2. Employers are to complete the section “For Employer to Complete” then print and sign their name.
  3. Parents/guardians are required to sign the form for knowledge and consent.
STEP 4: Download the Affidavit of Compliance with Shelter in Place, this form must be completed until social distancing practices are no longer needed.
Click on the following link to download:
STEP 5: Request Work Permit
When requesting the work permit, the student must present a government issued identification card that shows the birth date (examples: driver's license, birth certificate, or passport). Additionally, the student is required to sign the work permit upon issuance.

** Notes for Hart District Students:
When school is in session, Hart District students submit completed STATEMENT OF INTENT TO EMPLOY A MINOR AND REQUEST FOR A WORK PERMIT – CERTIFICATE OF AGE to the administration office at their school sites. The form must be signed by the employer and a parent/guardian.

When school sites are closed, alternative work permit issuing arrangements can be found on this website.

Contact the Registrar at your school regarding Applications for Permission to Work in the Entertainment Industry. These forms are not completed at the District Office location.

  • Applications for permission to work in ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY need to be signed by the SCHOOL REGISTRAR at the school attended in Spring 2020.
  • Private school students do not need verification of enrollment and attendance during summer months.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions (for more see http://www.cde.ca.gov/ci/ct/we/wpfaq.asp)
  • Students need to secure a job before obtaining a work permit.
  • High school graduates who are still 17 do not need a work permit.