COVID-19 Testing Information
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING AT-HOME TEST KITS EXPIRATION DATE
You may receive a test kit from the school that appears to be expired based on the date printed on the container. The FDA may have extended the expiration date printed. LA County Department of Public Health may also still recognize the test as viable even after expiration.
If the OTC test is past the expiration date, you may still be able to use it if the control line appears as described in the test manufacturer’s instructions. It is important to refer to the test manufacturer’s instructions as each test may be different. The LA County Department of Public Health and the California Department of Public Health have posted letters that endorse the emergency use of these OTC tests beyond their FDA authorized expiration, and you can find those letters, as well as other helpful information about OTC tests, here - http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/acd/ncorona2019/covidtests/self/#freeselftests
To determine whether an over-the-counter (OTC), or at-home, test’s expiration date has been extended, check the FDA website- https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and-medical-devices/home-otc-covid-19-diagnostic-tests#list. The latest information on expiration extensions will be posted here for all OTC COVID-19 tests.
To go directly to the sites for the Kits the Hart District is distributing you may visit these sites:
iHealth Test Kit-https://www.fda.gov/media/164551/download
FlowFlex Test Kit-https://www.fda.gov/media/158005/download
Inteliswab Test Kit-https://www.fda.gov/media/161057/download
Place Your Order for Free At-Home COVID-19 Tests through the US Postal Service
Residential households in the U.S. can order one set of #4 free at-home tests from USPS.com. Here's what you need to know about your order:
- Limit of one order per residential address
- One order includes 4 individual rapid antigen COVID-19 tests (COVID.gov/tests has more details about at-home tests, including extended shelf life and updated expiration dates)
- Orders will ship free starting the week of December 19, 2022
Visit Los Angeles County Public Health's COVID Testing website for more information how to get COVID tested.
At-Home Test Kit Information
Families interested in obtaining an at-home COVID test kit provided by the state should contact their school site for pick-up instructions.
- FlowFlex Details Video
- FlowFlex Instructions (English)
- FlowFlex Instructions (en español)
- iHealth Step by Step Administration Video & At-Home QR Code (English)
- iHealth Step by Step Administration Video & At-Home QR Code (en español)
- InteliSwab® COVID-19 Rapid Test (English)
- InteliSwab® COVID-19 Rapid Test (en español)
- InteliSwab® COVID-19 Video (English)
- InteliSwab® COVID-19 Video (en español)
Register & Submit Results
COVID-19 Testing Employee Resources